Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nov 29th & Dec 1st adventures





Aloha
Shoulder season...What to do? There is snow on some of the trail, and mud on the other half. Go up high and the trails are mostly covered, but deciding what to bring comes into play. Do I bring my snow shoes, cat tracks or just my poles? It can be a tough time of year until the snow really starts to hammer and then the choices are made easy. We have been finding that hiking up high is best with the snow and no mud and Daly canyon is usually a winner for the most part. Robs trail in Sunpeak was nice as well with a two moose citing, very cool, and mostly snow covered with exceptions on the south facing slopes as you can see in one of the photos.
I am always teaching my dogs patience, and that is what we need to have now, just a little patience...The snow will come.

Peace. Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment