Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 20th, 21st & 26th

Aloha everybody!!
My family just got back from St George where it was 70 degrees and really nice. I did forget to write my blog before we left so here it is for wednesday thursday of last week and yesterday. Crazy spring we are having, one just never knows what the weather is going to bring. I say, just be prepared for anything. Wednesdays hike was my last adventure with Jake and Bailey for awhile, hope to see them all this summer, we will miss you guys. It was a great day in Summit Park with fun dogs and of course some new snow. I had my snow shoes on for the adventure and was happy I did especially for the way down because it was so much fun giant stepping down with all the dogs in hot pursuit! They love to run!!
Thursdays hike with Dryfus and Roxy in the Colony was a stormy day to say the least with white out conditions at the top and more fresh snow. We had to abort our adventure after an hour and get to lower ground where I took the photos for that day, much nicer there. It has been a treat to play on all the closed resorts with so much snow left.
Tuesdays splitboard adventure had to have been one of our top 10 spring days of riding that I can remember with Aspen, Roxy and Dryfus in tow. Eight or so new inches of blower powder in Summit Park with fast and fun dogs taking a line down the mountain that kept going and going, turn after fun turn, and laughing all the way. Oh what fun it is to surf the pow pow!! Be safe out there my friends. Peace Schwaby



No comments:

Post a Comment