Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jan 26th & 27th adventures






Aloha,
Oh BOY, the snow has found its way to P.C. and we are sooo excited!! A whole new attitude with the dogs and me, I'm sure with all of you as well. Thursdays hikes to Pinebrook and Masonic trails were stormy and a little wet, not the best for photos so I did not take many. We ran hard in the heavy snow though and everybody was beat, especially me.
Friday was a different story, blue bird day with 5 new inches of fluffy pow pow, making fresh tracks all day. I ripped it up with my home boys at D.V. in the am, and it was awesome!! First freshy's for me this year and they felt oh so good!! Ikar, Ivan, Roxy and me skinny skied in Summit Park where we had more fresh tracks. With the new snow, the squirrels were out in force and they were messing with Roxy big time. As you can see, she got pretty close to one but they are so fast and agile, Roxy had no chance of catching this little guy. Fun trail to skinny ski on with mellow terrain and beautiful scenery.
Our last hike of the week put us on the Ontario by pass trail down into Daly with Dryfus and Roxy. We had more fresh tracks down the Daly Grind and the dogs were wishing they had skis, it was one hell of a workout for them while I was grinning the whole way. Welcome back old man winter!!
Life is good...Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment