Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 24th adventures Sweeney's and Two Fingers trails

Aloha, The porcupines are out, this is the third one in 10 days! All the dogs were curious but none of them got too close to the prickly fella, they all listened to their pack leader. "good dogs!" It's never fun for anyone when dogs get mixed up with these animals and that is why I am constantly working with my pack and teaching others to do the same. This guy was on the main ski run into town on our way to the Sweeney Switchbacks. Nice loop going clockwise from south Sweeney's to North Sweeney's! On the way back down we ran into two very young moose and it spooked me because I could not see mama, unless they were fresh out on there own, but I doubted that, so she had to be near by and I was not taking any chances and nether were the dogs. There were a few people on this hike as well and all the dogs in my pack were awesome!! Two Fingers was the adventure of choice in the afternoon and there was nobody. The scrub oak trees are really starting to bloom on this narrow trail that is great for hiking and is quite challenging on the mountain bike. Sweet views of the lake and a Perfect day! Life is GOOD! Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment