Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 1st porcupine adventure and Round Valley adventures

Aloha, Porcupines....they sure are cute and can cause a nosey dog some real discomfort. Unfortunately little miss Josie was on the losing end of one of these guys up on the guard road. I may have cursed myself chasing down another cute little guy after he crossed the road earlier that day, I just wanted to get a picture of his face!! His cousin made me pay and Josie got the worst of it. I only had pics of the critters because this happened half way through the hike. Lesson learned? I hope Josie learned, she had a bunch of quills and we ended up at the vet to get the ones in her mouth out after I pulled all 20+ from her snout. They are out there folks so keep your dogs close and teach them good recall so this doesn't happen to you. Round Valley for our second hike was nice and quiet with this lazy moose having no worries about the dogs, these guys I really don't worry about and are always a welcome sight. Round valley is very dry and awesome to hike and bike so get out there and play!! Live Strong. Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment