Thursday, March 1, 2012

Feb 27 adventures




Aloha,

Well well well...Old Man Winter has finally showed up and has brought our glorious fluffy pow pow to Utah. Every body has been pumped up about the new conditions, it's a whole new world out there and we are diggin' on it!! Put the bikes away my friends and PULL OUT the boards...Let's RIDE!!!
The first photo was taken in Daly on the Root Cellar trail that is filling in nicely. Lucky 7 pack with Roxy, Shadow, Kaya, Kip Reo, Ikar & Ivan.
Hike numero dos was in Summit Park with Kip Roxy Reo Dryfus and Gus, we had to leave Kaya in the truck to think about her actions. Dog fights can be really scary and I never get used to them. They rarely happen with me because I really work and watch my pack for any signs of aggression. But if this happens to one of you, I recommend yelling first then grabbing the back legs of the aggressive dog first if there is one. This takes away their power and also keeps you the furthest away from there mouth. Never ever go for their head or collar area, you may just get bit and that usually is a big OUIE as my daughter would say. After that fiasco our hike was nice and steep in a snowy wonderland. The local backcountry is finally going to get going!!
Peace...Schwaby

1 comment: