Friday, November 18, 2011

Nov 17th PCMR & Round Valley adventures





Aloha,
Just one more day before PCMR gets the party started with their opening of the mountain, very exciting for many of you!! I personally can wait but the dogs and I decided to check it out anyway so we rallied up to Payday and watched the snow cat dude do his groomin' thang before the big day. I have to admit, it was looking pretty darn good and fun too. The snow on Flat Cable and Sweeney's Switchbacks trails was light with a few muddy spots but the storms are supposedly rolling in and that hike will have to wait until spring. Reo, Roxy, Dryfus, Max, Delila Bear and Bodi were having a blast with each other and the always interesting and fun terrain and smells.
Now Round Valley was a different story with snow, mud and even some dry spots with recent bike tracks, not for long my fellow bikers unless you have the Surly fat daddy bikes. It will be skinny ski time soon and I personally am very excited for skating!! Jasper, Roxy and Reo didn't mind the trail conditions as much as I did in fact they love to get dirty!! Oh well, if it makes them happy I'm happy. We did have a good hike and they were very good except when they saw the bounding deer run up the hill side before I did and took off briefly but the deer were so far ahead they all gave up. GOOD DOGS!
POOP BAGS on trails-If you pick up your dogs poop on the trail with plastic bags-THANK YOU! But PLEASE, take it with you...it drives me crazy when people leave them on the trail, it defeats the purpose. My suggestion-carry a hand trowel like myself and remove it far from the trail. No body likes to step or ride through a big poop, so let's all do our part.
Peace. Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment