Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Dec 17th

Aloha,

Mondays are one of my favorite days of the week with the dogs I must say... Fresh start after the weekend and this week was extra special with all our happy new snow!!  My first hike with Penelope the Pit Bull was awesome on the Round Valley trails, we were the only ones in sight, it was a little eerie and amazingly peaceful at the same time.  I rarely see this in Round Valley, very cool!
Hike # 2 was another sweet hike with Roxy, Zoey, Nala, Magic and Dryfus in Daly.  Up Trappers gate to the Empire Link trail and down the main shoot of Daly from Lady Morgans.  This trail Rocks and is still open the whole way until DV gets that side of the mountain ready for skiers.  There was about 6 to 8 inches of fresh pow and everybody was happy. Sorry no photos, Schwaby spaced his camera. :|
This is our main man Dryfus looking down at me from atop his porch.
Remember my friends; please always have good trail etiquette and respect for the wildlife and other trail users by picking up or moving your dogs waste off the trail with either a stick trowel(is what I use) or a bag-(PLEASE TAKE YOUR BAGS!!) It just does not make any sense to bag and then space your bag, this drives me BATTY!  Always carry a leash for your dogs. You just never know when you will need one even if your dog is used to being off leash, they should know how to be on one. I ran into some people with their dog and they had no leash and one would have been very handy because their dog was a bit afraid of other dogs and Robs trail is a very popular.  Bring water for yourself even if you think it will be a short hike, you just never know and one can carry a back pack  with water, trowel  and an extra shell hat etc.  I personally carry a pack with h2o, extra leash, shell top, first aid, lighter, sunblock, camera, small rope, Leatherman tool, Voile strap, caribeaner, local trail map,  binoculars, 3 leashes around my neck, and a trowel. I carry all this stuff and use most of it, not all the time, but again you never know, especially in the winter time and nature can do funny things. Stay safe and keep your dogs safe too.  In the meantime...Get out and enjoy Mother Nature and its wonders, it's good for the sole. Peace...Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment