Thursday, August 16, 2012

Aug 13 Ontario- Sams trail loop

Aloha, Summer is ending and once again fall is in the air, I can just feel it in the air and with the shorter days and some of the scrub oaks starting to show there colors it will be here soon my friends. It has been a little cooler with the help of some light cloud cover along with that crazy haze, smoke from Utah county that is making for an eery red sun in the evening skies. This is, as you all know by now, my favorite season, if only it could last at least a month longer. Ontario by pass road has become one of our favorite hikes because there are so many options and lots of trees for shade and clean air. We came upon this moose that surprised us all, made me jump and the dogs too. He was a big guy as you can see from his mighty rack, which was about the best I could do since he was just out of range for my camera to capture. We soldered on to Johns 99 and the newly cut Sam's trail which by the way is really cool, can't wait to ride it this fall. It's a little dusty now so I think I'll wait it out. As you can see with the Rock dogs shot Brophy is back in action, he has had valley fever that had taken him out of the game for awhile, welcome back Broph!! Peace...Schwaby

No comments:

Post a Comment