Thursday, June 2, 2011

June 1st and 2nd adventures

Aloha,
Oh Joy, how we are diggin' these sunny days!! Wednesdays adventure on the lost Prospector/Gamble oaks trails was very nice with only a few mud holes on the northwest facing stuff which were easily avoided and all the dogs were listening quite well to "go around." There were a few riders on the trails so we practiced "off the trail" and everyone of them happily did so, I was so proud of them.
Today in the High Uintas on the Yellow Pine trail was quite a bit colder with the wind chill factor and higher elevation but still beautiful out. A portion of the trail was dry but there is still a great deal of snow in the hills and the rivers and streams were running BIG!!




We all stayed close so no one would be washed away. Running into these nice people at our turn around point where the snow was becoming more prevalent we decided to turn around and hiked back down with them and their dog Shirah. Can you see her? She is quite small, even smaller than Smalls. Energetic and fun 7 pack today and it felt AWESOME to be back in the Uintas!! Well my friends, three days in a row a fine weather, I think we are looking good. Peace. Schwaby

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mister Schwaby,
    I had a wonderful time with your dogs, thanks for walking with us.
    Your blogs are awesome, my mommy read them all to me and we loved the pictures!
    I wish we had a pack here to walk with. I hope to see you next time when we're in town.
    Take care,
    Shira & Meelai

    ReplyDelete